How to Renew a Kenya Visa Online?

Unfortunately, it is only possible to apply for a Kenya eVisa online, as opposed to renewing it. Once your Kenya visa expires, it will be necessary to apply for a new one if you wish to visit Kenya again as a tourist.

Visitors who visit with an eVisa, subsequently leave Kenya, and wish to return at a later date will be expected to apply for a visa for Kenya once more. A Kenyan eVisa can only be used once, on arrival into the country. As this document doesn’t permit multiple entries into the Kenyan nation a totally new visa will have to be submitted to immigration on your next visit to the country.

If you do wish to return to Kenya and apply for a new visa this can be done easily online as before by filling out the online visa application form for Kenya. You will once again, need to submit all the necessary documents, pay another processing fee and resubmit a full application. As was the case previously, care must be taken to submit the correct information or your visa submission may be delayed or declined by the Kenyan immigration authorities.

This is also the case if you have already received a Kenya eVisa and it has expired before being used to enter Kenya. You will additionally have to apply for a new visa online in order to replace the invalidated copy you held previously. A Kenyan eVisa is valid for up to 3 months from the date of approval, so be sure to double-check the date of your document before travel to ensure that it is still valid and ready to use.

On the other hand, if you are visiting Kenya with a single entry visa and wish to extend your visa, you can do so when in Kenya. The extension process for the Kenya tourist visa can be done at the Immigration Headquarters in Nairobi during your trip. The visa extension will grant travelers an extra 90-day stay in the country.

However, you can only stay in Kenya for a maximum of 180 days on any one trip with a single entry visa. Extensions of visas will require a different type of visa and you may be required to reapply for an appropriate document from outside the country.