There are certain visa requirements to visit Kenya that visa applicants should meet in order to be able to apply online for a Kenya eVisa.
Checking through the Kenya visa requirements can help travelers avoid complications and errors in their application form.
Travelers are required to:
- Possess a valid passport that is valid for at least 6 months upon the date of entry to Kenya
- Have at least one blank page in their passport
- Provide evidence of an outward journey or return ticket
Depending on the type of visa you require for Kenya, you will be expected to attach different types of documents in the visa application online. Please see below to read more about additional documents required for the Kenya eVisa.
Kenya eVisa Additional Documents
The Kenya eVisa additional documents may vary depending on your reason for travel. In the application process, applicants will be required to provide the reason for traveling to Kenya (e.g., tourism and leisure, business, etc.), and will consequently be asked to provide certain information and/or documents.
The Kenya visa entry requirements can include documents that must be presented at border control upon arrival in Kenya. Make sure you prepare the necessary information and documents required before applying for your visa and before traveling to Kenya.
All applicants will be asked to attach the following identity documents:
- Biographical data page of passport
Tourist eVisa Kenya
- Hotel or accommodation reservation
- Travel itinerary (simple details regarding where in Kenya you will travel)
Business eVisa Kenya
- Invitation letter for either a business visit or from company
- Copy of company registration
- Invitation letter from family
- Passport/identity card/alien card/entry permit of the host
Kenya eVisa Photo Requirements
When applicants apply for the Kenya eVisa, it will be necessary to follow the Kenya eVisa photo requirements. One of the most important Kenya eVisa requirements includes attaching a passport-style photograph. The following photo guidelines should be taken into account when taking or choosing a photo for the Kenya eVisa application.
The Kenya eVisa applicant photo:
- Must be a color photo
- Have been taken within the last 6 months prior to application and replicate the applicant’s current appearance
- Cannot be a scanned photograph or a photo of a photo. It must also not be a photo of your passport photo
- Must be against a plain white or off-white background
- Show the applicant’s full face on a frontal view
- Must be taken wearing standard or casual attire. No uniforms should be worn. Only religious attire that is worn daily will be accepted
- Cannot show the applicant wearing any form or headgear or items that obscure the hairline or hair
- Should include items that applicants must wear daily, such as prescription glasses, a wig or a hearing device
Note: Nonprescription glasses or any other dark glasses will not be accepted unless required for medical purposes. It may be necessary to provide a medical certificate verifying the purpose.
Please note: All information and documents provided by visa applicants for the Kenya eVisa should be accurate and correct. Incomplete application forms or false information could lead to delays in the visa application process and result in application rejection.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Yellow Fever
If you have recently visited or are traveling from a country where yellow fever is a health risk, it is a requirement that travelers entering Kenya have been vaccinated from yellow fever and can show proof with a certificate. The Yellow Fever Certificate should be presented to officials at border control upon entry to Kenya.
If you are unsure as to whether your country of residence or birth country are registered as countries where yellow fever poses a health risk, it is advised that all travelers consult their national health and travel information to enter to Kenya.
Kenyan eVisa Required Countries
Check that your country are required for a Kenya visa online. There are 141 countries that are eligible for the Kenya eVisa.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo, the D.R.
- Costa Rica
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Korea, South
- Lao People’s D. R.
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federal States of
- New Zealand
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- Vatican City