Kenyan eVisa for Dutch Citizens
Kenya is one of the most popular countries to visit in Africa, whether it’s for tourism, business, or other reasons. Travelers love walking along the white sand beaches, trekking through the lush forests, and, of course, taking a once in a lifetime safari adventure.
However, before you can book the next ticket from Amsterdam to Nairobi, it is important to understand the Kenya visa process and if you need one in order to visit.
Do Dutch Citizens Need a Visa to Visit Kenya?
Yes, all Dutch travelers (meaning those who have Netherlands citizenship) are required to have a Kenya visa before they can legally enter the country.
Thankfully, the tourism board of Kenya has introduced a faster and simpler way to obtain a visa.
The Kenya visa for Dutch citizens is called the Kenya electronic visa (also known as an eVisa). The best part about this new visa is that you can apply for it online: it only takes one hour to apply, and there is no need to collect documents, wait in line at the embassy, or have an interview with a visa officer.
The most popular type of Kenyan visa for Dutch travelers is the single-entry tourist visa. With this visa, travelers are able to legally stay in Kenya for up to 90 days at one time. The single-entry visa is valid for three months from the date that you receive it, and can only be used once to enter the country. If you wish to stay longer than 90 days, then you must apply for an extension at the immigration headquarters in Nairobi.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Netherland Passport Holders
After you have picked Kenya as your destination, the next step is to gather all of the Kenya visa documents required for Dutch citizens for obtaining a visa. There are only a few items that you will need before you can start working on your application, and they include the following:
- A valid passport – You must have a valid and up to date Netherlands-issued passport. The Dutch passport must have at least six months validity to ensure that you have plenty of time to enter and exit Kenya. Likewise, we recommend to have at least one blank page in your passport in case you require a stamp.
- Your personal and passport details – The application will ask questions about you and your passport, so it is a good idea to keep your passport nearby when filling out the form. This includes your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport expiration date, and so on.
- A digital photograph – You will need to submit a clear and colorized photo of yourself. Please make sure that the photo is recent and was taken within the last six months.
- Travel itinerary – You may be required to submit your travel plans, such as booked excursions and activities, accommodations, and air tickets. This is to ensure that you are visiting Kenya for tourism purposes as stated on the visa.
- An onward ticket – Immigration officers may ask to see proof of onward travel, either in the form of a ticket back home to the Netherlands or to your next destination, when you arrive at a border checkpoint.
- A valid form of payment – Finally, you will need a debit card or credit card in order to pay for your Kenyan visa fee.
How to Apply for a Kenya Visa from the Netherlands
In order to obtain a Kenyan eVisa, you must fill out the online application. The Kenya evisa application form is quick and simple and should take you less than one hour to complete. It can be done from the comfort of your own home as long as you have a device with internet access.
The Kenya visa application will ask you to fill out the form with your personal information (full name, date of birth, contact information), passport information (passport number, issue date, expiration date, nationality), travel plans, as well as upload a recent photo of yourself. It is highly recommended to double-check all of the fields to ensure that the information you entered is correct and accurate.
After filling out the application, the next step is to pay the visa fee and wait for your Kenya visa to be processed. The average processing time for an eVisa is two to three business days, but this may take longer due to demand or other factors. We recommend printing out a copy of your Kenyan eVisa confirmation email in case the immigration officer will ask for it during the border crossing.
Please note that you will be issued a single entry Kenya eVisa. This visa is valid for 3 months from the date that you receive it and is valid for a stay of up to 90 days.