Kenya Visa for French Citizens
Kenya is quickly becoming one of the most popular countries on every intrepid traveler’s bucket list, and it is no secret why: Kenya has everything you could possibly want, from summiting 17,000 feet up Africa’s second-highest peak, Mt Kenya; seeing hundreds of unique wildlife species at Lake Turkana; or taking a once in a lifetime safari through the plains of Kenya.
No matter your reason for traveling to Kenya, one thing is for certain: you will need to have a visa before you can enter Kenya from France. It is now possible for eligible nationals to apply for a Kenya visa for French citizens before traveling.
Do French Citizens Need a Visa for Kenya?
Yes, all travelers holding a French passport are required to have a Kenya visa before they can legally enter the country.
Thankfully, the tourism board of Kenya has introduced a faster and simpler way to obtain a visa.
The new visa is called the Kenya electronic visa (also known as an evisa) and it can be obtained through an online application. It only takes one hour to apply, and there is no need to collect dozens of papers, wait in line at the embassy, or have an interview with a visa officer in order to get a visa.
The most popular type of visa for kenya for French citizens is the single-entry tourist visa. With this visa, travelers are able to legally stay in Kenya for up to 90 days at once. The visa is valid for three months from the date that you receive it, and can only be used once to enter the country. If you wish to stay longer than 90 days, then you must apply for a Visa extension in Nairobi.
Kenya Visa Requirements for French Citizens
After you have picked Kenya as your destination, the next step is to assemble all of the Kenya visa requirements for French citizens. There are only a handful of items that you will need before you can start an application, and they include the following:
- A valid passport – You must have a valid and up to date France-issued passport. Your passport must have at least six months’ validity to ensure that you have plenty of time to enter and exit Kenya. We recommend having at least one blank page in your passport in case you require a stamp.
- Your personal and passport details – The application will ask questions about you (the traveler) and your passport, so it is a good idea to keep your passport nearby when filling out the form. This includes your full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport expiration date, and so on.
- A digital photograph – You will need to submit a clear and colorized photo of yourself. Please make sure that the photo is recent and was taken within the last six months.
- Travel itinerary – You may be required to submit your travel plans, such as booked excursions and activities, accommodations, and air tickets.
- An onward ticket – Immigration officers may ask to see proof of onward travel, either in the form of a ticket back home or to your next destination, when you arrive at a Kenyan border checkpoint. This is to ensure that the traveler does not overstay their time in the country.
- A valid form of payment – Finally, you will need a debit card or credit card in order to pay for your Kenyan visa fee.
Kenya Visa Application from Canada
In order to obtain a Kenyan eVisa, you must fill out the online application. The Kenya online visa application for French citizens is quick and simple and should take you less than one hour to complete.
The Kenya visa application will ask you for your personal information (full name, date of birth, contact information), passport information (passport number, issue date, expiration date, nationality), travel plans, and a recent photo. As a final precaution, we recommend double-checking all of the fields to ensure the information you entered is correct and accurate.
The next step is to pay the visa fee and wait for your Kenya visa to be processed. The average processing time for a eVisa is two to three business days, although this may take longer due to demand or other factors.
Please note that you will be issued a single entry Kenya eVisa. This visa is valid for 3 months from the date that you receive it and is valid for a stay of up to 90 days. If you wish to stay longer than the allotted 90 days in Kenya, they must apply in-person for an extension.
We recommend printing out a copy of your Kenyan online Visa confirmation email in case the immigration officer will ask for it during the border crossing.