Kenya is a beautiful country in Eastern Africa known for its beautiful coastlines along the Indian ocean lined with coconut trees and for its world-famous Safari parks. Every year Kenya attracts millions of tourists from around the world to experience African culture, lifestyle and topography.
The Kenyan government has now rolled out the Kenyan Travel eVisa for citizens of 141 countries in order to facilitate people’s journeys to Kenya. This system allows the citizens of these countries to easily apply for and receive their Kenyan eVisa by filling out an online application.
The travelers from these countries then obtain their eVisa via email and are able to take it with them to the airport upon landing in Kenya. The entire process of applying for a Kenyan eVisa is really very simple and can be completed in under 20 minutes.
Do Spanish Citizens Need a Visa for Kenya?
Spain is on the list of Kenya’s 141 countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for different types of Kenyan eVisas. The type of eVisa a traveler needs depends on the reason for which they are attempting their journey to the country. As such, the Kenyan government offer three basic types of Kenyan visas, each with its own set of documents that need to be submitted.
The Kenyan Tourist eVisa is primarily for people interested in traveling to the country for tourism.
The Kenyan Business eVisa is for people interested in conducting or engaging in business activities while in the country.
And, finally, the Kenyan Family eVisa is for individuals traveling to the country to meet family members and friends.
Travelers are encouraged to research the different Kenyan eVisa types so as to apply for one that will suit them well during their trip to the country.
Required Documentation for Spanish Applicants of Kenyan eVisa
In order to apply for any type of Kenyan eVisa, travelers will need to meet some basic requirements for obtain Kenyan visa. These requirements include:
- Having a passport with a validity that extends 6 months beyond the traveler’s date of entry into Kenya
- Having at least one blank page on that passport
- Having proof of onward travel, such as an airline ticket to another destination or a return ticket.
Additionally, for a successful Kenyan eVisa application, travelers will need to have a valid email address in order to receive the eVisa once the application has been approved. It can take anywhere from 24-72 hours for the traveler to receive their eVisa after submitting their eVisa application. Travelers will also need to have a valid debit/credit card that can be used online in order to pay for the Kenyan eVisa application to be processed.
Spanish travelers who intend to apply for a Kenyan Tourist eVisa, will also need to prepare certain documents to be uploaded along with filling out the online application form. These documents include:
- The biographical page of the traveler’s passport
- A recent photograph of themselves.
The traveler’s photograph must conform to the following specifications:
- It must be taken against a white background
- The traveler’s face must be clearly visible
- The photograph must show the applicant’s face from a frontal view
- The photograph should not be more than 6 months old and must match the traveler’s current appearance.
- The photograph must not be a scanned photo. It must not be a photo of a photo. It must also not be a photo of the traveler’s passport photo.
- Travelers should not be wearing any type of headgear that obscures their hairline or hair.
- However, religious attire is permitted for the photo if it is worn on a daily basis by the traveler.
- Prescription glasses, hearing aids and wigs are allowed if the applicant wears them daily.
- Dark glasses are not allowed unless they are for medical purposes, in which case, the applicant will need to show proof of why they are necessary for the applicant.
Spanish travelers that have recently visited a country where Yellow fever is a concern will also need to provide proof of vaccinations against Yellow fever upon arrival in Kenya.
Application Process for Kenyan eVisa
The process of applying for a Kenyan eVisa begins with filling out the online application which will ask the travelers to list some personal details, passport information, travel plans and provide answers to security questions. Travelers must avoid mistakes while filling out the online application and must also ensure that the information they provide matches that shown on their passport. Otherwise, they might run into unnecessary complications during the processing of their eVisa application that can lead up to a visa denial in some cases.
Once the application has been filled out, travelers will then review the application one last time, pay the eVisa processing fee using a valid debit/credit card and then submit the application for approval.
The Kenyan Tourist eVisa allows Spanish travelers a stay of up to 90 days in the country which can also be extended for an additional 90 days by visiting the Immigration Headquarters in Nairobi. The Kenyan Tourist eVisa cannot be extended past 180 days and is not valid for multiple entries into Kenya. This means that upon arrival in Kenya, if the traveler leaves the country before the 90 or 180 days are up, they will need to re-apply for the eVisa in order to be allowed back in again.
Spanish travelers also need to present a copy of their Kenyan Tourist eVisa once they arrive at a Kenyan port of entry. Therefore, they will need to bring a print-out of the Tourist eVisa that is sent to them via email once their application has been approved.
Travelers must also plan their departure from Kenya a few days before the 90 or 180-day period is over so as to eliminate chances of overstaying their eVisa.