Greek passport holders hoping to visit Kenya now have a much easier path to obtaining their necessary travel documents. Thanks to years of demand from international travelers, Kenyan authorities have implemented a new online visa or eVisa, which will make the process for obtaining permission to visit Kenya a whole lot smoother.
Kenya has long been considered one of the most desirable destinations in East Africa due to its expansive national parks perfect for safari excursions, multi-cultural society, and long stretches of golden beaches. Thanks to this new eVisa, Greek citizens can quickly and easily plan their trip to Kenya.
For all of the necessary information, you will need, consult the following sections and find out how to apply for the Kenya eVisa today.
Do Greeks Citizens Need a Visa to Kenya?
Yes, Greek citizens need to visa to visit Kenya no matter if they are planning to do so for tourism, medical, business, personal, or any other reasons. Fortunately, the process for obtaining a Kenya eVisa for Greek nationals is short and easy and can be completed in just a few days.
Kenya Visa Requirements for Greek Passport Holders
Although the application process is simple and straightforward, there are a number ofrequirements for obtain the Kenya eVisa that each applicant must have while filling out the form. Below you can find a list of the necessary pieces of information or documents that the application requires:
- A Greek passport with a minimum of six months’ validity from the intended date of entry
- The vital information from the passport’s main page including the passport number, the expiration date, and the country of origin
- At least one blank page in the passport
- A valid email address as the visa will be issued through email
- A recent (last six months or so) digital color photo
- An intended itinerary. It isn’t necessary that you follow the itinerary exactly, but an intended trip is necessary so it is important to do a large amount of your planning ahead
- Proof of onward travel from Kenya either to your home country or to any other as long as you show you are intending to leave Kenya within your allotted time frame
- A valid debit or credit card to pay the application fee. The fee is non-refundable, even if the eVisa is denied
How to Apply for a Kenya Visa from Greece
The application for a Kenya eVisafor Greek nationals should be completed in less than one hour. In addition to the details in the above section, the application will ask you to provide information about your place of residence, your full name as it appears in your passport, and some additional security questions. It is of the utmost importance that these questions be answered accurately as any misinformation could be grounds for a delayed or rejected visa.
Once the application is submitted, the typical wait time for a response is 4-6 days, though in some cases the visa will be issued within just 2-3 days. It is best not to leave anything to chance and to apply with sufficient time.
Upon receiving the eVisa, which will be sent via email, travelers must print out a hard copy of your Kenyan visa and carry it with them to their Kenyan port of entry. Border authorities will ask to verify that your records match their own as an added measure of security.
Which Kenya eVisa Should I Apply For?
The single-entry tourist visa covers every reason for Greek passport holders visiting Kenya. Whether your purpose is to visit family, tourism or leisure, business, or medical, you should select the single-entry tourist visa in your application. The visa is valid for three months from the date of issue, and once inside Kenya, it allows for an uninterrupted stay of 90 days. Should you leave Kenya for any reason, you will need to apply for a new visa. There are no multiple-entry visas available.
Travelers who do not intend on leaving the airport are not required to hold a transit visa provided that their departing flight is within 72 hours of their arrival. If they wish to leave the airport during this time period, they must apply for a transit visa.