Kenya is one of the most up-and-coming countries for travelers around the world, but especially from India. There are hundreds of tourist attractions to see and experience, such as the amazing safaris, where travelers can get up close and personal with animals such as tigers or elephants, the pristine beaches of eastern Kenya, and the sprawling capital city of Nairobi.
However, in order to enter the country, it is necessary to have a Kenyan visa for Indian citizens. Thankfully, the process is quick and simple, and best of all, most travelers can apply for the online visa for Kenya from India from the comfort of their own home.
Do Indian Passport Holders Need a Visa for Kenya?
Yes, Indian passport holders (Indian citizens) are required to have a visa before they can legally enter Kenya. There are various names for the Kenyan visa, such as the Kenyan tourist visa, Kenyan eVisa, or the Kenya visitor visa for Indian citizens.
As mentioned above, the process is simple and straightforward: travelers apply for the Kenyan visa online, wait an average of two days to get approved, and then present a copy at the border upon arrival in order to enter the country.
Documents Required for Kenyan Visa from Indian Citizens
Before travelers can fill out the India visa application to Kenya, there are a handful of requirements that they need to have on hand. These include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- A valid passport: Perhaps the most important requirement, all Indian passport holders and travelers need to have at least six (6) months validity on their passport before they can travel to Kenya.
- Passport information: You will need to submit a few basic passport details, such as the date of birth, passport number, nationality, date of passport expiration, and so on.
- At least one blank page in the traveler’s passport: This is to ensure that the immigration officer has enough space to place the stamp in the traveler’s passport.
- A digital photograph: Please make sure to have a clear and colored photo of yourself that was taken within the last six months. Your face must be clearly visible and within the allotted parameters of the photo.
- A basic travel itinerary: Some travelers may be required to submit their travel plans, such as which cities they plan to go to, which activities they would like to do, and a copy of their hotel/accommodation information (where they plan to stay during their trip).
- A return ticket: Officers may ask to see a return ticket (or an onward travel ticket) to ensure that the traveler does not overstay their time in the country.
- A form of payment: Travelers will need a form of payment, such as a debit card or credit card, in order to pay for your Kenyan visa.
Apply for the Kenya Visa for Indian Citizens
Applying for the Kenyan visa is a fast and easy process. All travelers must fill out the Kenya visa form for Indian nationals with the information above. It is a good idea to keep paperwork such as your passport, travel itinerary, and a form of payment nearby so that you have easy access to it while filling out the application.
After travelers submit their application, they must wait for their visa. This usually takes approximately two business days (48 hours), although the timing may be different due to demand and holidays.
The Kenyan visa for Indian nationals is valid for a stay of up to 90 days. If the traveler wishes to stay longer than 90 days, they must apply in person for an extension at the Immigration Headquarters in Nairobi. The visa extension is granted for an additional 90 days.
Travelers are encouraged to print out a copy of their approved eVisa in case the immigration officer ask for it at the border.Obtain for Kenyan eVisa